Partnership Building and Collaboration
Whilst we design and facilitate collaborative processes to support government in developing partnerships –our designs always focus on ensuring that it is government that is building the relationships with the citizens and stakeholders involved – not us!
Agencies, organisations and governments need to build relationships between themselves and their communities. Doing this can require organisational change. The changes required are unique to that organisation. There may be the need to establish an engagement policy, build skills, change processes, procedures or governing rules or sometimes pay attention to culture. We offer organisational assessments to Chief Executives or leaders wanting to improve the way their teams work. This involves working with the leadership group initially to identify what the impediments to a more citizen focused approach are, and then tailoring a process and products to help organisations achieve the change they want to see.
- Stakeholder engagement services & support
- Training – we have an existing suite or we can design training programs specific to needs
- Communications and engagement policy reviews
- Reviews of broader policies and or procedures that may be impacting on how an organisation involves citizens.
- Preparation of engagement strategies to establish the standards and expectations for the agency’s staff
- Coaching or mentoring support for leaders and or staff.
Human beings are social creatures, however many of the systems we create in our governments or businesses conflict with this strong natural instinct.
Changing work practice and culture in a sustainable way requires building internal skills and approaches within and ensuring that systems and processes are conducive to pursuing more collaborative forms of decision making.
democracyCo identifies barriers to success and reprograms organisations and teams to perform better.
Are you interested in how our democracy works? And want to help be part of making it work better? Register to be part of our Deliberative Army, all committed to working with government to develop public policy.