Who We Are
democracyCo was born out of a realisation that it is easier for governments to achieve complex reform if they meaningfully involve citizens and stakeholders.
democracyCo was created in 2015 by Emily Jenke and Emma Fletcher, born out of their shared desire to make a positive difference to the world.
As Co CEO’s, Emily and Emma use their combined skills in deliberative techniques, communications, policy making and group facilitation to bring governments and the communities they serve closer together.
They do this by…
- Taking a holistic approach that involves communications, policy and engagement,
- Enabling communities and stakeholders with diverse views to work together in ways that use their knowledge, skills and experience to the best,
- Collaborating – Policy making will be more sustainable if it is done collaboratively and meaningfully with citizens and stakeholders,
- Expertly combining education and information with time and deliberation.
Their specialist skills include:
- Enabling diverse groups to reach agreement with each other – overcoming polarisation and building trust
- Design and deliver engagements that reduce risk and effectively manage outrage
- Objectively work with varying interests, dynamics and politics
- Support healthy dialogue between stakeholders, governments and everyday citizens
- A commitment to deliberative practice and trialing new methodologies inspired by international experts and using ground breaking research.
Are you interested in how our democracy works? And want to help be part of making it work better? Register to be part of our Deliberative Army, all committed to working with government to develop public policy.